Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Due in 5 days!

Today, the Doc said I was dialated to a one... and her guess is that I will deliver late. POO! Oh well, I guess the important thing is that Little Ethan comes when he is ready. We had our Newborn Care class on Monday night, and guess what!? Brad is a way better swaddler than me! I'll have to practice. Can Dr. Karp just be our babysitter!? I am trying to get everyone's guesses for date/time/height/weight on Facebook. Then we will print it off and keep it in the hospital bag so we can see who is the closest. Just for fun. Brad and I are sooo ready. I've been trying to stay busy... not enough to do to keep my mind off the waiting. So if anyone has ideas on how to pass the time, I am open to suggestions. I was going to learn to knit, but that will just make me feel like an old fart, and the nursing bra I started wearing already does that enough. I feel like Mrs. Doubtfire. LOL. But nursing bras are sooooo comfy! Even more comfy than no bra (in case anyone was wondering).
Tonight, I am making some cheesey potatoes, kind of like the ones that were at Jen W's wedding. I hope they turn out because we are hungry... but then again I have not found myself to be a picky eater these last nine months.
I'll be sure to keep everyone updated, i.e. if my water breaks or I have contractions. Go Go Baby Ethan!!!

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't already, start a baby book and PACK IT!!! If you have it at the hospital with you they can stamp baby Ethan's footprints in it when they do the birth certificate etc.

    Don't feel bad about not being the better swaddler. Aldo was better than me. And that means he had to be up with me while I was up at night just to do the swaddling. hehe. Good luck!

    Ooh, you could also make a "Pushing Jam Mix" playlist on your ipod. I didn't use mine, but it was fun to do anyways.

    ReplyDelete